Saturday, July 28, 2012

Refinished Dresser

Back when we moved into our house we inherited a dresser and bed for our guest room from friends at church.  It was also a hand-me-down set from a grandparent for them.  We were very thankful to have the furniture but since it is older I really wanted to do something to update it.  I hated the hardware and the finish was a little worn.  

I started dreaming of painting the dresser and bed black but I'd never refinished furniture before so I was a little unsure how to go about it.  By chance I found out about Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations from another friend and decided to give it a try.  Rust-Oleum advertises that you can use the Cabinet Transformation Kit on cabinets and furniture so it sounded perfect.

Turns out it was perfect.  I found it very easy to use and think my dresser turned our very sharp.  I think the black leaves a lot of room for error so I appreciated that too.  I'm excited to redo the bed next and am wondering if there is other furniture out there I could redo.

Below are some pictures.  Sorry for the poor quality.  My cell phone camera is not great and I'm not a great photographer.  One of these days I'm going to work on upping the quality of the pictures on my blog.

Old dresser with walnut finish and brass hardware.  I wish I would have gotten a better close up. 

New black finish and chrome hardware.


I love it!


1 comment: