If you know me even a little bit you know I love order and organization. It is incredibly cathartic for me when I bring a new or refreshed system to my home or life. I think it also helps that I'm married to a man who is able to help maintain my systems.
For several years I've been striving for a better system with my spices. My mom bought me a spice rack for my birthday a few years ago and it has been great. However it only holds 16 spices and I regularly use more than that. So, I was still storing my spices in the rack AND in a tupperware bin in my cupboard that my mom used to store her spices in.
My goal has always been to have all of my spices easily accessible in the same place. Now I have 95% achieved that goal and I am happy with the results. I'm going to spare you the details of all the online shopping I did. But, I finally settled on a magnetic spice rack inside a cabinet door from
here. See pictures below for the story of my trip to spice heaven.
 |
| This is the original cupboard. Not much order. Upper left is the spice bin that was a huge pain to haul down from the top shelf on a regular basis. |
 |
| A bit of reorganization several months ago really helped things with this cupboard. The spice bin was moved down to the middle shelf so that helped a ton. |
 |
| Here's the spice rack that sat by my stove and holds 16 spices that I used in addition to the bin of spices. (Let me know if you want it because I don't think I'm going to need it anymore). |
 |
| Spices on the door. Beautiful. And just for the record these are not alphabetized and never will be. Where each spice goes will remain random and constantly change. |
 |
| So in love. Easy access. The top shelf is all stuff I can refill with. The bottom 2 shelves are baking things I use on a regular basis. |
Love this!!! Andrew would love this too, I may need to get one ;)
ReplyDelete