Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Homemade Microwave Granola

I see recipes for homemade granola all over the Internet and it always looks good but also too complicated.  I'm sure it actually is easy but I have to find a recipe easy to read and think about before I'll even attempt making it.

One day my parents were visiting and my mom just decided to make homemade granola (in the microwave!) with me and it was easy and delicious.  I love to eat my granola in a bowl with milk.  Best. Cereal. Ever. So, I've been making it regularly ever since.  Because she didn't have a recipe and we just threw it together I finally have figured out what I do every time and here is the recipe.

A bowl of granola ready for milk and a spoon:)

Ingredients:


4-5 cups rolled oats
1-2 cups chopped nuts (I like cashews, almonds, walnuts, and pecans.  I just chop them in my food processor)
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup flax seed mill (don't need this but I have it so I put it in)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
handful of coconut, dried fruit, and/or chocolate chips to add at the end if desired

Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients through maple syrup in big glass microwavable bowl
  2. Microwave for 2 minutes and stir (my microwave is strong so I keep my times short so nothing burns)
  3. Microwave for 2 more minutes and stir
  4. Microwave for 1 min 30 seconds, stir and add coconut
  5. Microwave for 1 min and stir
  6. Let cool (I usually stir mine around a few times off and on to let cool, I know some people like to spread it out but that seems like too much work)
  7. Add dried fruit, chocolate chips (I add these to pretty much everything) and refrigerate

No comments:

Post a Comment