Monday, July 16, 2012

House Tour - Dining Room

I recently acquired some art for the dining room and feel like it is a functional and decorated place so I'm ready to post about it.  I also realized I've never posted about the main rooms (kitchen, family room) on our house tour so expect those soon.

Purpose: A room to eat in with friends and family.  We don't want our dining room to feel formal but just like another place to eat.  It's a fairly small dining room so it would be hard to fit more than 8 comfortably but I'm thankful for the space for 8.

Furniture: We bought a table and 6 chairs when we initially moved in so we could use the room right away.  

Decorations: For this room I wanted a little more modern look and wanted to have birds in it.  It took me ages to chose art that I liked but I finally did and I couldn't be happier.  Both pieces were bought from art.com and are canvases.  I prefer a framed picture but for this room I thought I'd do something a little different.

Future Plans: I never understand why dining rooms have carpet.  It seems silly to eat over carpet.  Hopefully someday this will be replaced with hardwood (as well as the rest of the downstairs) but that's a long time away.  For now, feel free to mess up the carpet because we're not keeping it forever.  I also want to make some sort of valance for the windows and maybe add another small piece of art to the wall the stairs are on.

Look to the left from the entry hall and you'll see the dining room.
View of the dining room from the kitchen.
A little closer view of the art. There are small red birds and trees on the small picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment