Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Grace on the Diving Board

Grace jumped off the diving board today and I'm so proud of her.  At the very beginning of the summer I took her to a friends' pool and she jumped off the diving board by being lowered into the water.  Since then we have spent many hours in various pools and in swimming lessons and I can tell her comfort with the water is very high.

Today we spontaneously went swimming at another friend's dad's house right after swimming lessons and Grace attempted jumping off the board.  She had been successfully jumping off the ladder into the water and didn't mind that she was going totally under so I suggested she try the board.  She bravely marched right up to the board, walked to the end and jumped off without fear or hesitation.  Of course I was waiting to catch her!

She couldn't wait to do it again so I got the second jump on video.  Don't mind the screaming child.  It's just Caleb because he wanted me to hold him but I was in the water catching Grace.


1 comment:

  1. Owen has now watched this about 20 times. Every time he says "good job Grace." We need to hang out soon! Maybe next week?

    ReplyDelete