Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Caleb - 16 Months


I love my little toddler.  He is doing so many cute things these days and soaking up everything we do.  I haven't posted since he was 14 months old so I'll try to highlight the main new things he's been up to the last 2 months....

  • Mostly taking 2 naps a day but slowly beginning the transition to one nap.  I don't mind him skipping the morning nap so we've been doing it 2 or 3 times a week and he does well.  He still seems to need two naps the day after one is skipped.  I think we are on the way to one nap but it will just take time.  Which I totally don't mind!
  • Has developed a love for pineapples this month. 
  • He is talking so much.  It seems like he is picking up new words left and right.  I made a list of all the words Caleb knows and I can think of almost 50 right now.  I just love hearing him talk!
  • Caleb really likes to do things that he is not supposed to do while saying "no, no, no".  For example; messing with the blinds.
  • If Caleb is upset the best thing you can do for him is give him a ball.  He loves throwing, chasing, kicking and playing with balls.
  • We've been doing Mommy and baby swimming lessons and Caleb loves the water. His favorite part is jumping even though he can't really jump but he walks off the wall to me yelling "jump".
  • He started climbing on furniture sometime between the last post and now.  He also has figured out how to get down fairly gracefully head first.
  • He now has 3 of 4 of his 1st set of molars.  They made him pretty cranky so I'm not looking forward to the last one coming in. 
  • We moved Caleb into the toddler room at church last week.  We were planning on waiting another month or so but he was having a horrible time in the baby room.  The babies are kept in a gated area and don't have as many toys so he'd just lose it every time we went in there.  Dropping him off in the toddler room is still not perfect but millions of times better.
  • I recently realized that when Grace turned 16 months old I was already 10 weeks pregnant with Caleb.  I am so happy to be going through this stage of Caleb's toddlerhood without vomiting multiple times a day.  So, in case you were wondering I'm not pregnant and we're not trying to get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment