A friend recently made a delicious salad I was able to enjoy. I couldn't stop thinking about it so I got the recipe and made it myself. The salad is perfect for summer and can be enjoyed as a side or even main dish for lunch or a hot summer night that you don't want to turn on the oven. I included a bad picture of it but you can get the idea.
Quinoa Salad - Black Beans & Mango
1 mango, peeled and chopped small
1 red pepper, seeded and diced small
1 cup scallions (about 4 stalks)
1 cup fresh cilantro
3 tbs red wine vinegar
3 tbs grapeseed oil or olive oil
1 tsp salt (more to taste)
1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water
1 15oz can black beans, washed & drained
Combine mango, red pepper, scallion & cilantro in mixing bowl. Add red
wine vinegar, grapeseed oil and salt - stir to combine. Let sit for
flavors to meld, meanwhile cook quinoa. Add cooled quinoa until
combined. Fold in black beans. Serve room temp or cold.

No comments:
Post a Comment