I helped out by directing the pre-school program during the week. This mostly consisted of keeping track of who was there, which adult they were supposed to be with, and where each group of kids is supposed to go. This part of the week was relatively low stress and I really enjoyed my role in helping out.
Grace was able to attend the program because it was for ages 3+. She struggled during the week for a variety of reasons. First, she was overwhelmed being in a big room with big and little kids. Secondly, it ran well past her bedtime and thirdly, it was really hard for her to see me there but not really be able to interact with/cling to me because I was volunteering. By the end of the week, Matt was able to attend with her and she got more used to it so she did much better. And she still talks about it almost daily so it made a huge impression on her. So, the Grace part of the week was higher stress but it was worth it.
Below are a couple of pictures. Two I stole from our churches Facebook page (thanks whoever took them, Jeremiah?) and one Matt took with his cell phone.
![]() |
| The big room where the beginning and ending took place each night. |
![]() |
| This is the picture Matt took. The kids are ready to do something fun:) |
![]() |
| Some kind of amazing experiment that taught kids to trust God! |



No comments:
Post a Comment