Monday, July 16, 2012

Door Updates

We've updated some doors in our house lately starting with the hinges and knobs on our downstairs doors.....

You might not have noticed or cared but our hinges and handles were a  very worn
brass and I thought they were an eyesore.  So we replaced the three downstairs
door hinges and handles.  I love it so much I can't wait to do the doors upstairs.

Up close shot of the door hardware
And we got a storm door.  We were going to get a storm door right when we moved into the house.  However, some alterations needed to be made to the door frame for one to actually fit.  So recently my dad built some extensions, Matt helped install them and we painted them.  So, we finally got around to getting a door.  The best part is we had Lowe's install the door for us (it took 20 minutes!!!) and Matt doesn't have to spend an afternoon doing it himself with some unfortunate friend who gets asked to help.  Some things are just worth the money (especially when a gift card pays for it).

Here it is.  We debated what color to get but I like white and
it's cheaper (more money for installation).  Also, the door I liked the best
didn't come in black so white it is. It's a little shocking right now
because I'm used to the black door but I will get used to it.

A picture from a little further away.  Hopefully next
summer I can post about updated landscaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment