Friday, May 4, 2012

Unreached People

Have you heard of the Joshua Project?  I hadn't until recently (maybe I'm behind).  This is the start of their mission statement. " Joshua Project is a research initiative seeking to highlight the ethnic people groups of the world with the fewest followers of Christ. Accurate, regularly updated ethnic people group information is critical for understanding and completing the Great Commission." You can also find them on the web here.

Anyway Matt and I have been talking about how to be more involved in missions to people groups who have not been exposed to the Gospel.  I automatically assumed it would mean giving financially (which is a great thing but not the only thing) but have been convicted there's a lot that can be done on the prayer front.  

I don't feel like I'm going to pack up my bags and move (or even go on a week long trip overseas) anytime soon but I want to be involved and aware of whats happening globally.  It's so easy to live in a bubble with my 25 Bible and 100 Christian books and resources.  There are people out there who have never seen a Bible and don't even have one in their own language!

So, I found The Joshua Project and they have this great little thing (I don't even know what the technical term is) that you can post on your blog or website, put on FB, get emailed, put on a calendar, etc... to remind yourself and others to pray for unreached people.

It is now on the right hand side of my blog (if you actually check it and don't get it through some reader).  But you can also sign up to get notified.  Let's pray more!  I think it's a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment