Thursday, May 17, 2012

Caleb - 14 Months Old

Out for a hike.

Playing in the backyard.

I've said this before but I'll say it again...I love this age!  There is still some sense of innocence before the terrible twos and so much new stuff is happening everyday.  I'm just going to give you a list of what he's been up to lately...

  • Still taking 2 naps a day and sleeping great at night.
  • Favorite foods are cheese and raisins.
  • New words this month (that I can remember): shoes, food, chocolate (yeah, really), boo, bye, hi, dog, bottle (for water bottle), tickle, eye.
  • Interesting thing about Caleb's speech is it is not as clear as Grace's.  So chocolate sounds like chu-gola and really gutteral, shoe sounds like shhhhu, food sounds like foo, hi sounds like hhhh, tickle sounds like tika, etc...  I know this is normal but it has made me realize how clearly Grace spoke when she was that little. 
  • Loves going outside and sometimes throws a fit if he has to come in.
  • Hates being strapped in the stroller, wagon or carseat.  Usually gets over it fairly quickly but rarely goes in easily.
  • Doing a little better with separation anxiety at church.
  • Good at following directions like...lay down for a diaper change, go to your room for a nap, go to your chair for lunch.  Of course he can't get in his chair or put himself down but he loves being given a direction and showing you he knows what you mean.
  • Loves books.  His favorite one is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear."  All I have to do is say, "Do you want to read a book?" and Caleb is sitting on my lap with something to read.  Grace and Caleb sometimes fight over my lap.
  • Runs to the door yelling "Dadda" the second Matt gets home from work (and even sometimes when I just take the trash out because he thinks I'm Matt coming home).
  • Learning how to pester his big sister:)
  • Does several animal noises: duck, sheep, dog, elephant, monkey, fish.
  • Loves hugs and kisses.
  • Working on getting 1 year molars so a little testy lately.
  • Favorite way to go down slides is head first.
  • Loves going up and down stairs (needs help with the down part).
I think that's enough info about what Caleb has been up to this last month.  I'm sure as soon as I hit publish I'll think of 5 more things I wish I would have added.

No comments:

Post a Comment