Thursday, May 31, 2012

1st Trip to the Dentist

She wanted to sit on my lap the whole time and wouldn't even sit
in the chair alone for a picture.  I guess this picture
captures what really happened though.

Learning how to brush teeth on a fish.
Today Grace had her first trip to the dentist and she loved it (for the most part).  We didn't really start talking about it until last night because I didn't want to give her time to get worried or afraid.  So, this morning she woke up and was excited to visit the dentist.

Once we got there Grace talked to everyone about princesses and charmed them all with her cuteness.  Our hygienist was great with Grace.  They counted her teeth together and she showed her all the different tools.  Grace decided she wanted orange flavored toothpaste but then chickened out as soon as the hygienist told her the toothbrush would tickle.  I think we would have been better off telling her it would hurt.

Eventually we convinced Grace that it would be fine and she did great letting the hygienist get in and clean her teeth.  She wasn't able to polish every single one but I was very pleased with Grace's cooperation.  Next the dentist came and checked her out and said her teeth looked great. She was very cooperative with the dentist too.

At the end Grace got a bag of goodies and got to pick a prize from a treasure chest.  She was very happy and went home pleased.  I think she will do fine when she has to go back in 6 months.

1 comment: