Tuesday is weigh in day at our house. Every Tuesday morning we step on the scale to see how much damage has been done. Fortunately for us damage has not been done for the last 4 months. Matt has been losing weight and so have I! I am one of those lucky people who doesn't gain tons of weight during my pregnancy but I am one of the unlucky breastfeeders who doesn't just lose weight because I'm nursing.
Historically (and I can say this because it has happened twice) I lose 15 or so pounds within a week of my children being born and don't budge again until they are 9 months or older. Then the rest just goes away (very slowly). I do try to exercise a tiny bit of portion control and while I'm not totally awesome at eating tons of fruits and veggies I would claim that our family does eat healthy. So, with just a little bit of thinking and not weird or strict diets weight loss was achieved.
The weight I was stuck at wasn't horrible. I was happyish with it but I just didn't feel myself. I don't get too hung up on a number but I do know how I feel. So when January hit I was hoping I would lose weight like I did when Grace was 9 months old. I was happy to see the numbers dropping every week. Most of the time is was about a .5 pound drop but that adds up.
So, below you can see my numbers. I'm not about to post my real weight on the internet so I will call the weight I was today (and that is the reason for this blog post because I finally got down to my pre-pregnancy weight) and at the start of my pregnancy 0. Every number you see is how far away I was from 0.
July 6, 2010: 0 lbs
July 10, 2010: Found out I was pregnant w/ Caleb - 4 weeks along
August 27, 2010: -3 lbs (despite the masive amounts of throwing up I did I really didn't loose much weight)
October 26, 2010: 4 lbs (halfway through pregnancy with Caleb, still not a lot of weight gain)
March 15, 2011: 26 lbs (can't complain that's all I gained)
March 17, 2011: Caleb was born
March 24, 2011: 11 lbs
January 3, 2012: 12.5 lbs (Pretty much stayed the same for 9 months except as you can see had a 1.5 lb gain I'm blaiming on the holidays)
May 8, 2012: 0 lbs
I still would like to lose another 4 or 5 pounds by my wedding anniversary in late June. Because if I did I'm pretty sure I could put on my dress again and wear it with pride. And wouldn't that be glorious: after 5 years and 2 babies to still be able to wear my wedding dress. Maybe I'll have a vow renewal ceremony in my living room and take pictures so you can see it:)
No comments:
Post a Comment