Saturday, July 27, 2013

Natural Playscape

Have you been to the Homer Lake Natural Playscape?  If not you must go and bring a change of clothes because your kids will get wet and dirty.  I've been meaning to take the kids here for the last year since it opened but have never gotten around to it.  There are just so many parks to go to within 5 minutes of our house that I don't think to drive 30 minutes.  But this afternoon we had nothing going on and decided to have a family outing and go.  We stopped at Subway to pick up a picnic supper and were on our way.  It was another beautiful cool day for July (70 degrees!) so it was very refreshing.  We spent two hours there and only left because we needed to get the kids baths and to bed at a decent time.  I can't wait to go back.  I'll let my pictures tell the story.

Rare picture of both kids looking at the camera and smiling

Grace and me walking down the stream

Climbing on the rocks

Chair in the wood climbing area

Spiderweb

Caleb loved playing it was hard to nail him down for a picture

Log see-saws

Grace tried to bury herself in the sand

Matt said the web was not comfortable for a nap


1 comment: