Immediately following my family reunion we drove back to town for the first night of our churches Vacation Bible School. And it was AWESOME! I think everyone loved it but because I was so intimately involved in the planning I took a lot of joy in seeing it go off without a hitch. Last year was the first year we had a VBS and we learned a lot from it so this year was really fun to help plan. We had almost 80 kids and 60+ people who volunteered in some way, shape or form.
I was more involved with the preschool program so I got to spend my time around 3-5 year olds which was so fun. It was amazing watching the kids play, interact, learn and worship God together. It was also amazing watching the adults and kids get to know each other more.
We were also blessed by a team of college students who travel around and help out with VBS programs and camps all summer. They did the opening and closing each night and brought a ton of energy. It also really helped us focus our volunteers and energy on shepherding the kids. The team had three girls and two guys and the girls stayed at our house for seven nights. I had so much fun hosting them and getting to know them. And Grace and Caleb were enamored.
One of the volunteer roles at VBS was a photographer and Celina held that role and did a great job. I'm so thankful for all the pictures that Celina took because I never would have had time to get out my camera (on my phone) and they would never have turned out as good as hers. So, enjoy some of her pictures below.
 |
| Matt and Jason leading the preschool games |
 |
| Love this picture of these 3 girls |
 |
| Singing and Dancing |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures of Grace |
 |
| Celina said she just wanted to keep it real:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment