Despite the lack of progress I do still like lessons because it gives her more exposure to the water and helps her practice following instructions from a person in authority. Since she's not in preschool and we're planning on homeschooling I always find things like that beneficial. She's currently taking lessons at the Y and seems to be enjoying them too.
Anyway outside of lessons she has finally gained the skill of being able to put her head underwater all by herself. She has put her head under many times via being dunked (safely with me), thrown (safely and controlled) or jumping in but never on her own initiative. So when she decided to do it this week I was so proud of her!
Caleb is also fun to swim with. He loves loves loves jumping in and will stand on the side and jump to you for hours if you'd let him. He also really likes slides. There are two kid sized slides at the public pool he adores and one giant one that you can ride down on tubes. He loves riding with Matt or me on that one. I only have one picture of him swimming this summer with his friend E at E's pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment