Monday, July 1, 2013

2nd Quarter Book List

I'm still feeling good about my reading pace.  Since I'm still hoping to read 50 books this year I'm happy that I'm halfway through.  I think I've been reading book 26 for over two weeks though and I finally finished today.  We've had a lot of other stuff going on and I'm always slower at non fiction.  Now I'm off to fold some laundry and try a sample of the young adult book Divergent by Veronica Roth on my Kindle.  From what I've heard though I will love it and will end up buying it.

I have rated my books on an astrick system that is as follows...
* - Not great and don't read it unless you're bored or it looks really really interesting to you personally and even then you might want to think twice.
** - Pretty good and if it looks interesting to you I would recommend it.  I don't think it would be a waste of time.  I generally enjoyed these books.
*** - Great book!  Definitely read it (if it looks interesting) and you will like it.
F is for fiction and NF is for non-fiction.


13. Moloka’i by Alan Brennert - (F)***

14. Carry on Warrior: Thoughts on Lie Unarmed by Glennon Doyle Melton - (NF)*

15.With or Without You by Carole Matthews - (F)*

16. Here and Now: Living in the Spirit by Henri J.M. Nouwen - (NF)***

17. Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl - (NF)**

18. The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones - (F)**

19. The Pastor’s Wife by Jennifer AlLee - (F)*

20. Persuasion by Jane Austen - (F)***

21. Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst - (NF)**

22. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate - (F)***

23. Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck - (F)**

24. Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours by Dr. Kevin Leman (audio book) - (NF)**

25. The 7 Experiment: Staging Your Own Mutiny Against Excess - (NF)**

26. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain - (NF)***

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, thanks for a new list. Although I LOVED Carry On Warrior. :) Quiet is next on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete