Monday, July 22, 2013

County Fair

Today we had a super fun morning with some friends at the County Fair.  Growing up as a super involved and nerdy 4-H girl means I love the fair.  However my fair experience was always taking projects to the fair and getting them judged, wandering around the 4-H part of the fair, eating lots of fair food and never really thinking about the rides.

I've learned a lot of people actually go to the fair for the rides.  So today for the first time ever I attended a fair for the rides.  And they weren't for me to ride but for my kids.  This morning was preschool day and they were offering free entry and 5 free rides per child and then the rides were only 50 cents each after that.  So after all was said and done I spent $1 and the kids loved it.

I was a little worried the kids wouldn't really like them but Grace jumped right on and after Caleb watched Grace ride one ride he decided he'd try to.  They loved them.  Grace's favorite ride was the dragon roller coaster and I'm not sure I'd even be willing to ride it.  It was quite jerky.

After riding several rides we headed over to check out the livestock.  Caleb was pretty scared of the animals.  He also kept saying about the cows, "That kinda looks like a cow!"  Finally as we were heading out the kids got to meet the fair queen!





No comments:

Post a Comment