Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jenna's Visit

Last spring my SIL Yvonne and I started talking about having Grace and Jenna spend time at each others houses over the summer (and continuing this tradition for years to come).  It worked out to have Jenna come this week from Wednesday morning until this morning (Grace will go visit her for the same length of time in August).  We had so much fun!

Wednesday we started by meeting halfway for an early lunch and then heading back to our house.  Once we got back home Grace and Jenna spent the afternoon playing together and coloring while Caleb napped.  After Caleb's nap Jenna got to tag along and watch Grace's swimming lesson.  She was a good sport about not being able to swim and seemed to enjoy watching with me.  Then we went back to our house to play outside and enjoy dinner before putting the kids to bed.  Jenna slept in Grace's room and they did fairly well without too much goofing around.  Grace was the bigger problem if there ever was one because she would just bug Jenna and climb onto her bed.

Jenna loved "driving" Grace around the yard.

Thursday was a beautiful sunny day.  I had planned on taking the kids to the pool and I was a little worried it would be too cold. Fortunately the sun was shinning and there was no breeze so the pool was amazing.  And everyone stayed away because it wasn't 90 degrees out so it was super empty and we lived it up!  After the pool we had some lunch and just hung out at our house the rest of the day.

Swimming

Silly girls

Jenna and Caleb on the slide

Friday was shaping up to be another nice cool July day (high of 79 and cloudy) so I took the kids to the park.  We stayed for the whole morning and everyone seemed to love it.  After Caleb's nap I had to change plans a little because it ended up raining so I took the kids swimming at the YMCA.  I actually dropped Caleb off at the childcare room and took the girls swimming because I really didn't want to deal with all of them in the pool (ok I just didn't want to deal with Caleb in the changing room after the pool).  Then we met Matt for dinner at Culver's.  Yum!

Matching cousins at the park

Love these girls

Looking at the water at the park

Finally on Saturday we drove back to meet Yvonne halfway and that was the end of our visit.  It was super fast and super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment