Friday, August 16, 2013

Day in Chicago

I love my fun, city dwelling friend Jenna.  And Grace and I loved visiting her in Chicago almost two weeks ago!  After spending Friday, Saturday and Sunday with Matt's family in the suburbs and Wisconsin it was perfect timing for Grace and I to visit Jenna.

To begin, we hopped on the Metra train and rode into downtown where Jenna met us at the train station.  Then we took a bus to Navy Pier where we visited the Children's Museum and had lunch at Bubba Gump's.  After lunch we were planning on going to the beach but the weather was looking a little iffy so we opted to walk to Millenium Park.

Grace enjoyed walking through water at a the Crown Fountain and loved the Bean.  She was fascinated with looking at herself and dancing in front of the Bean.  After that we walked up and down Michigan Avenue with visits to the Disney Store and the American Girl store. Grace was just a cover for Jenna and I to go inside the American Girl store and gawk.  We loved it!  I'm not going to lie I really hope Grace is into American Girl and wants a doll someday.  I better start saving my money now but they are super cool dolls.

After shopping we went to The Grand Lux for dinner and split several appetizers.  Yummy!  Then we took a water taxi down the river back to the train station and Grace and I headed home.  She had a great day and I think her favorite part was the boat at the end.

Children's Museum

Boat

Train

Grace and Jenna

Crown Fountain

Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment