Sunday, August 18, 2013

Rite of Passage


I am officially a mom now.  Yes, I know I have been a mom for almost 4.5 years but I feel like I finally accomplished/suffered through a monumental rite of passage yesterday.  I caught Grace's puke!

By the grace of God our children have never really been sick.  They get colds here and there but not any kind of down and out sickness.  Every time I hear of other kids who are sick I count my blessings.  I still remember when Grace was three weeks old I watched my brother-in-law catch my nephews puke.  As a very new mom I thought that was parenting at it's finest.

Well yesterday we were at my nieces birthday party three hours from home and Grace was not acting like herself.  Granted she had spent the three previous days with her aunt and uncle and cousins.  So I just thought she was tired.  She actually fell asleep on me at 10:30 in the morning before getting sick (pictured above).  Then she didn't really eat her lunch and I still wasn't super worried.  But when she refused her cupcake and started asking to go home I was worried.  Not five minutes later while sitting on my lap she vomitted.  The rest of the story is she slept, played, and puked once more on the way home (thankfully we caught it and the car stayed clean) and the usual 3 hour drive took 4.

I'm not sure if she was overtired or ate something weird but it was very short lived.  I'm happy to report she is back to normal today!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Grace! My mom told me about it yesterday. Hope she's feeling better, give her a kiss on the cheek for me! And congratulations on passing through this huge rite of passage :)

    ReplyDelete