
We have implemented a new policy in our house. The lights go out at 10 pm no matter what. At this time Grace has been sleeping for 3-4 hours so we've had plenty of adult time and we are tired and not doing anything productive. The problem comes when we let ourselves stay up later for no good reason. Then we start the next day a little more tired than necessary. I've always valued a good nights sleep and I always went to bed early when I was teaching because I wanted to be my best at school. I should want to be my best at home too. I also spend tons of time thinking about and working on Grace's schedule so she is a well rested little girl. Why wouldn't I want to be well rested too? So instead of staying up until 10:30 or 11, the lights will be going out in our house at 10.
I thought of writing this blog post because I just read an interesting article about sleep in National Geographic. Check out it out HERE.
Now I think I'm going to take a quick cat nap before Grace gets up from her nap.
Matt's going to violate the no exercise before bed time when he has 9pm games this summer. You'd better hit him in the head with a pot to get him sleepy when he comes in the door.
ReplyDelete