Saturday, April 17, 2010

C25K: Week 1

I'm happy to report that Matt and I have completed week 1 of The Couch-to-5K Running Plan. The goal is to go from not running at all to being able to run a 5K in 9 weeks. Seeing that I actually have been working out regularly since 6 weeks after Grace was born and have run 5K's a few times without any sort of training I decided I could handle this challenge. My workouts this last year have consited of spinning and strength training classes at the gym. After taking a couple weeks off because I was babysitting I decided I needed to change things up a little. I also felt as if I was lacking a good cardio workout. So the running began. I don't have a 5K that I want to run, I don't even know if I will complete week 2 but this week felt good. Feel free to visit the link above to see what this weeks running plan was. I'll try to keep you updated on my running progress over the next 2-8 weeks depending on how long I last.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I ended up with a stress fracture in my leg. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete