Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday Fun!

I wanted to make sure to blog about what we did for Grace's birthday. I'll start with her actual birthday. Things were pretty much normal with a couple fun activities. We usually get together with our neighbor and her daughter Annie (18 months old) about once a week so I invited them over on Grace's birthday. It was fun to do something with another person even though Grace didn't know the difference. It was also cool because Grace borrowed Annie's birthday dress so they got to see it worn again and actually see Grace wearing it. Matt and I took Grace out to Red Lobster for dinner that evening. This was more of a treat for me than for Grace, but I am the one who went through labor and delivery.

Then on Friday Matt's brother, his wife and 2 kids came to town. We got to spend some quality time with them which was nice. Some of the highlights were I got to shop with Yvonne, the boys got to play with Jared's new Wii a lot, and we got to swim at their hotel. On Saturday both sets of Grandparents and Matt's sister joined all of us. I made pulled pork for lunch, the babies took naps while the adults sat around and chatted, we had some cake and Grace opened presents, and then we went out for some yummy Mexican food. I would say it was a perfect birthday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Grace likes pink funfetti cake as much I do. I used my undetectable mommy tactics to make Corban think he picked it out for my birthday while we were grocery shopping. He was so proud to choose and I got just what I wanted!

    ReplyDelete