This month has been crazy. I feel like things have changed so rapidly with Grace that I don't even know where to begin. Except for the fact that I update you faithful readers with categories every month so I will begin there:)
Sleeping: Last month I shared that Grace was having some trouble staying on a good schedule with her naps. After careful consideration and experimentation I realized that she would be much better taking only one nap a day. She sleeps for 2 to 2.5 hours everyday now starting around 12:30. This transition has gone very smoothly. Taking only one nap has changed Grace's bedtime a little bit. We are putting her down around 6:30 now and she sleeps until around 6:30 or 7.
Nursing: Grace is on the way to being fulling weaned. Over that last couple of weeks I have been dropping her nursing times and replacing them with whole milk. We just dropped the 3rd one this week and only have her morning one to go. It hasn't seemed to bother her one bit. I'm a little hesitant to drop her morning feeding just because she eats a lot and seems to like starting her day that way but my goal is to drop it by or in the begining of May. I'm just thrilled that I was able to nurse Grace for a whole year. I remember being so nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it, how hard it was at the beginning and how draining it could be at times. But, it was totally worth it and I'm proud of myself for accomplishing this.
Eating: Grace still loves food and eats a ton. No changes here:)
Playing: It's been fun to watch Grace play this month. She continues to amaze me everyday with what she knows and can do with her toys. She likes knocking big things over, is really struggling with sharing, and loves it when I play with her. She has been struggling a little when I'm doing something else around that house and won't pick her up to play. I know it is developmental to go through that but I feel bad when she's clinging to my pants and I'm trying to fix lunch or something. Hopefully this stage won't last too long. Grace has also become very affectionate with her toys. She loves to hug her dolls, shovels, trucks, blocks, and even Mommy and Daddy. Her snuggles are so great.
Walking: I can't believe it but we can officially say we have a walker. This last week has been amazing to watch Grace's confidence grow and her determination to walk increase. I don't think I've seen her crawl more than a handful of times over the last few days. She gets up and walks everywhere. She doesn't always make it from one side of the house to the other without falling but she keeps getting up and going again and again. And the more she practices the less she falls.
Communicating: Grace added a couple of words to her vocabulary this month. She says baby and bye bye now. When we first realized she could say bye bye we left the room over and over again just to get her to wave and say bye bye. We haven't done anything else in sign language. She has gotten good at panting for dog, making kissing lips for fish and making an elephant noise.
No comments:
Post a Comment