As far as furniture in the room goes we are keeping the couch and bookshelf that are already in there. My dad is making us a crib (I can't wait until that is done) and we are going to purchase a dresser. I'll probably make a few pillow covers for the couch out of curtain fabric. Finally, we are planning on moving the TV out of the room.
Here is the picture frame I made to go with the jewelry box I made about a week ago. Eventually, I want to have lots of animal, letter and number stuff in the room so the decorations are also educational.
The curtains will cover the whole window and be laid out like this picture with about the same proportions of each type of fabric.
Here is a close up of the fabrics. Pretty much anything red, blue, limish green, yellow, or brown will go with these colors. We held up about 25 different fabrics to these fabrics and it all looked great. It should make it so nothing clashes too much in the room.
Here is the bookshelf with bins and room for toys, books, and other random stuff babies need.That's all I have for now. I'll keep you faithful readers updated as the room gets more and more put together. For the next several weeks the baby's room will be a sewing room as I not only bought fabric for her room but have fabric for a few other projects non baby related as well. So don't expect many updates soon:)
The fabrics you chose are so pretty! I especially like the paisley.
ReplyDeletelove it, especially the paisley! these colors and patterns will really grow well with her too. and you are so right about the bedding sets. grace is so lucky to have a practical and creative mommy :)
ReplyDelete