Tuesday, January 27, 2009

28 Weeks - 3rd Trimester


I cannot believe that the 3rd Trimester is here. This is where things are going to start getting real. We are going to start taking some classes at the hospital where Grace is going to be born, friends are throwing us showers, the nursery will start to get finished up, and finally at the end of it all in less than 3 months we will be bringing a little baby home from the hospital. Unbelievable!

I went to the doctor today and everything looked good. I have gained about 20 pounds, passed my sugar test, and am measuring right at 28 cm. All that stuff is right on track and I am just thankful that God has taken care of me so far during this pregnancy. I'll take the normal pregnancy things like morning sickness and heartburn if it means the important stuff looks good. The only negative is this was the last time I got to see my doctor until after Grace is born. She is a family practice doctor who only sees patients up until the 3rd trimester and doesn't do deliveries. So, we made the decision to transfer to the midwives at our hospital. I've had several friends see the midwives and they have had great experiences. It seemed easier to me to go them than to actually pick a new doctor who likely won't be there for the delivery depending on when he/she is on call. I will meet with one of the midwives in two weeks as I start going to the doctor every two weeks now.

As far as the nursery goes, we only have one more week until we are going to take the TV off the wall and put it in our TV cabinet in the living room. We had to leave it up for the Super Bowl. I'm really getting excited about that for some strange reason (not the Super Bowl but moving the TV). I'm not sure how much progress my dad has made on the crib but we should be getting it in a month and it's about time to order the new dresser. It's been sitting in our Target Online Shopping cart for a couple of weeks and we just need to get around to clicking buy. I made one more wall decoration last weekend and the rest we're going to get from Target.

Wall art made with leftover curtain fabric and Old Maid Alphabet cards from a local teaching store.

No comments:

Post a Comment