Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crockpots, Crying, and Wal-Mart

One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year was my new 2-quart crockpot with a removavle crock. My grandma got it for us and we have used it 5 or 6 times already. It is the perfect size for 2 people and easily fits into the dishwasher. I love love love love it.

Yesterday I tried a new recipe for a pork casserole in the crockpot and wasn't very pleased with the way it turned out. The rice was mushy and it was overall just too bland. When we were done eating Matt was carrying the half-full pot back to our kitchen and dropped it right in the middle of the floor. I heard it bust and neither of us said anything for at least 20 seconds. I knew in my heart it was broken but hadn't seen it yet.

This is where things get crazy. I immediatly jumped up from the table to see the damage and gave Matt a hug and said, "it's ok." That's when the tears started flowing. I was just so sad that our new crockpot was broken. I kept saying, "I miss our crockpot." And I'm pretty sure Matt thought I was crazy! Since it was only 7 o'clock we decided to go get another one. We visited 8 different stores in 1.5 hours around town and no one had a crockpot smaller than 4 quarts.

Finally, at 8:30 we gave up and decided just to order one online. As I was looking for crockpots online I found the exact same one we broke at the Wal-Mart that is practically across the street from us. I couldn't believe it. So, in the next day or two I will be visiting Wal-Mart to replace our broken crockpot.

2 comments:

  1. before you run to walmart it, check online to see if you can just buy the replacement crock. that might be cheaper. who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, did we learn this lesson like 15 years ago? Wal-Mart first :)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete