Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Sunday Morning Phone Call

I was relaxing this morning before church, reading a book while sitting on my recliner.  I got a phone call from a number I didn't recognize and this conservation ensued:

Caller:  Good morning, this is Laura from Family Video.
Me:  Hello.
Caller:  Hi, we notice that you haven't come in and rented with us for a couple months.
Me:  OK.
Caller:  What have you been doing the last two months?
Me:  Ah, I've just been living life.

After I confirmed that I still live in Champaign, the lady proceeded to give me a free rental for our account.  But the takeaway from the phone call is that I summed up the last two months of my life with the phrase "I've just been living life."  Well done, self.  Well done.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, indeed. I got one of these calls awhile ago, but I was too confused as to why Family Video cared so much about my renting habits to say anything clever or intelligent.

    ReplyDelete