Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quick Update and Foster Update

I may have just taken the longest break from blogging that I've ever taken since the Pennyrile blog was formed.  Don't worry we're still here.  I've really been working on settling into a routine and pace for the fall with the start of homeschooling.  We are now on week 5 and I finally feel like maybe I know what I'm doing for this semester.  The shock of all the planning and scheduling activities to do with Grace is beginning to wear off and I'm beginning to get a sense of right now's normal for us. And this is only preschool for one kid but I guess I'll grow into the role as it grows.  I'm starting to figure out when I might have some down time, how to get grocery shopping done (really needed to get back into a routine with this one), how to keep halfway on top of other household responsibilities, and stay faithful to my church and volunteer activities.  So those things are feeling good, yay.

Grace is almost 4 1/2 and proclaims that she always obeys now.  Not sure if she understands the word always but she has been fairly easy on that front lately.  Caleb is the opposite.  He was 2 1/2 yesterday so I'll put a post about him up soon.  For now, let's just say he's 2 1/2 and if you have or have had one of those you know what I mean.

I also want to update on where we are in the process of getting our foster care license.  Originally we were led to believe that we'd be licensed early summer, then it got pushed back to August and now we're looking at October.  The last update we heard was the most promising though.  Our agent was assigned to actual foster cases for the last 6 months and had to prioritize those.  Now she has closed on her last case and should be able to prioritize getting her people licensed.  She has to do the final steps of writing up our home study, visit one more time and have her supervisor sign off.  She anticipated that being done by early October.  I'm not keeping my fingers crossed but I'm really optimistic that it will be by the end of October.  We're close and I feel ok about where we are.  I think the longer wait just gave our kids time to get older and more mature before other kids come to live with us.  And who knows how long we'll wait to welcome a kid into our home after we are licensed.

That's all for now.  I gotta go to school across the room with Grace!  I've got a short list of posts I'd like to get up so hopefully that will happen soon.


1 comment:

  1. Good update. I was kinda in shock there too. My brain forgot how to plan "school" there for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete