Thursday, September 19, 2013

Go Get Your Shoes On

About a month ago I think I reached a great moment in parenting.  It would be time to leave the house and I would tell the kids to get their shoes on and they would both do it. ALL.ON.THEIR.OWN. Grace has never really been a do it yourself type of kid so it wasn't until very recently that we reached this point with Grace and only with certain shoes.  But Caleb is highly motivated to do things on his own.  He is actually the one who encouraged Grace to put her Keen sandals on by herself since they are a little more complicated than their other pair of shoes.  I think she figured if little brother can do it why not.

So now all I have to do is say, "Go get your shoes on."  In theory we will be ready to walk out the door in a couple of minutes and while the kids are getting their shoes on I just have to gather kid supplies.  Now we should just work on potty training Caleb so after all is said and done I don't have to change a poopy diaper on our way out the door.

Grace's new tennis shoes.  I love them because they are so bright and happy!

Grace's fall/winter "dress shoes"

No comments:

Post a Comment