| Percolator and mug from a former student who is now a Marine |
If you know me well you know I'm not a coffee drinker (apart from the year I lived in Germany because you can't live in Europe and not be a coffee drinker). I pretty much stick to milk, water, and tea. And a cup of hot tea on cold mornings and a delicious sweet tea is always a special drink. But things are changing?
I never passed on coffee because I didn't like it but because I thought avoiding the caffeine and potential habit would be a good idea. But I think I took a leap onto the downward spiral while on vacation last month.
Let me start by saying that I sort of blame this on my sister-in-law Yvonne (Sorry!). Last year while on vacation in MI she bought me an iced coffee from McDonald's and it was delicious. So I will admit it has been a little guilty pleasure I've had about once every 4-6 weeks for the last year.
Because I've enjoyed that and not been to adversely affected by caffeine in the morning I wasn't hesitant to take a cup of coffe from the hotel breakfast bar on our first day in TX. Sleeping in new places is hard for me so I've learned to take an over the counter sleep aid and coffee really helped it completely wear off in the morning. So I enjoyed coffee every morning on vacation even if I didn't enjoy a sleeping pill the night before.
I got home and found myself craving coffe. Uh oh! I then proceeded to buy coffee, dig out the percolator, and drink up. One day I had 2 cups and that was a hyper and shakey disaster. I'm trying to limit myself to 2-3 cups a week. I'm hoping it doesn't get "worse". But I never thought would be at this place in my coffee drinking life either:)
This post is dedicated to my coffee loving friends, thanks for making me feel ok about this new phase of my life.
Welcome to the dark side, well not so dark since I love creamers. haha
ReplyDeleteI think this is my favorite post of yours ever! Welcome home Anne.
ReplyDeleteexcellent!!!!!!
ReplyDelete