I'm not sure how many Touch-a-Truck events there have been in Champaign but I put 3 in my blog post title because it's the third one we've been to. This has to be one of my favorite events our town puts on. I did blog about the
first time we went two years ago but I guess I forgot to write about it last year.
This year was super fun because both kids were old enough to really enjoy it. We also are experienced attenders so we planned ahead and got there early. We got to the park to play thirty minutes before the event and got a good parking spot. Then we wandered over to the field of trucks. The kids got free Marble Slab ice cream, climbed in a firetruck, busses, pick-ups and a few other random trucks.
After about an hour the horn honking was getting to me and couple of the kids we were with so it was time to call it quits. By then we wandered back to the playground and had a nice picnic lunch and played for a while. It was a great spring morning.
 |
| Thankfully she won't be driving for at least 12 more years |
 |
| Girly firefighters with their pink hats |
 |
| And Caleb insisted on a pink hat too |
 |
| Caleb "driving" the firetruck |
 |
| Grace's turn |
No comments:
Post a Comment