After visiting the aquarium on Tuesday we decided to get bigger and better with the animals by visiting the zoo on Wednesday. My mom and dad both stayed at the hotel on Tuesday night and were able to spend the morning with us at the zoo. We all woke up to yet another hearty breakfast and got on our way to get to the zoo right when it opened at 9:00. It was a perfect zoo day. The weather was a little overcast and in the low 80's in the morning. So the animals were out and active and we weren't exhausted walking around the zoo.
The kids loved it. There are two main sections at the zoo and the first was an African area. We saw elephants, giraffes, lions, gorillas, crocodiles, cheetahs, and much more. The highlight of that area was feeding the giraffes. For $5 we bought 4 leaves of romaine lettuce and fed the giraffes. Caleb is cute because now if you ask him what a giraffe eats he says salad:) Grace would not touch the giraffe but she got really close and got to see their long tongues while I fed them.
The other part of the zoo had a tiger, other various wildcats, kangaroos, koalas, macaws and again much more I can't remember. We spent most of our time in "Africa" but the other part was neat too. We even enjoyed a yummy and not too overpriced lunch at the zoo. It would be great to spend more time there and I definitely think Brett and Laura should get a season pass!
After lunch my parents headed to Laura's house and we went back to the hotel for naps and I swam with Grace. Then we went back to Laura's for a little while and then back to the hotel for dinner. After dinner I went back to Laura's (lots of back and forth:) with my dad to hangout during Neil's fussy time of day. Mostly Laura and I hung out in the nursery with Neil while my dad and Brett hung out in the living room.
| Feeding the giraffe "salad" |
| Riding the monkey |
| Grandma, Laura, and Neil |
| Thankful for playtime in Brett and Laura's backyard |
Thursday, May 2nd:
Thursday we woke up to one of the coldest days Dallas had ever seen in May. After spending over a week enjoying 80+ degree weather it was a shock that the high was in the 50's. I did comment at one point I would have been at the park if it was that warm in Illinois a month ago. However it seemed frigid in Texas.
We ended up spending most of the morning just hanging around the hotel with my parents and then heading over to Laura's house with Texas BBQ for lunch. We just had Caleb take his nap there and spent the afternoon hanging out with Laura. After Caleb woke up and Neil ate we all went to a butterfly garden. It was pretty creepy to me. I just think butterflies are creepy insects that want to crawl down your shirt. They are pretty from far away but up close I wasn't a huge fan.
Finally, we capped off the day with some pretty good Tex-Mex and some really strong Margarita's. The kids were pretty tired and fussy by this point so we were ready to get back to the hotel and get to bed (and watch HGTV).
| Looking down from above |
| Grace |
| Being terrorized by butterflies |
No comments:
Post a Comment