Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a super fun Memorial Day Weekend with Matt's family that I wanted to blog about.  Saturday right after my 8:30 piano lesson we hit the road and headed to Matt's parents.  We got up there and had a nice lunch and relaxing afternoon.  Jane and I hit up a couple thrift stores and then Matt and I went and looked at a minivan (we've been shopping for a few weeks and I'm hoping to have a concluding update on that soon).  Then Matt's parents took us out to eat at a yummy restaurant called Jason's Deli.

Sunday we were able to attend Matt's parents' church (the church Matt grew up in) and enjoy another good lunch at their house.  After naps we headed to Jared and Yvonne's house for dinner because it was Joshua's 7th birthday!  I can't believe how big he's gotten!  We had cake and pizza and a few other delicious summer dishes that Yvonne made.  Another fun moment of the evening came when Matt's parents surprised us by announcing they want to take the whole family to Disney World next year!!  WDW-2014 planning is starting and I think everyone is more than excited.

Monday we all went to Brookefield Zoo together.  J&Y take Joshua every year on Memorial Day for his birthday.  We haven't been with them since he was 1 so it was great to go this year.  The kids had fun looking at the animals and fighting over who got to sit in which wagon or stroller seat.  Jenna impressed me though because she spent a good chunk of the time pulling Grace around in the wagon.  My recap of the weekend might be kind of boring but we had a wonderful time with family and enjoyed the getaway from home.

Driving the tractor

Josh and his Star Wars cake

Cousins at the zoo

Grandparents and grandkids

Best Cousins:)



1 comment:

  1. I always think of Joshua around this time because he's the same age as Bean . I spent that Memorial Day at Matt's when he lived in our neighborhood and I was jealous that Y went into labor and could always celebrate his birthday then. Little did I know that Bean would be born the next day! Happy 7th Joshua!

    ReplyDelete