Monday, October 24, 2011

House Tour - Entry Hall

It's been a long time since I posted a house tour post.  I'm hoping to finish the tour before the year is over.  We don't have much left but today I want to introduce you to the first thing you'll see if you walk into our house.   The Entry Hall.  I have been putting all of my money and focus into the entry hall lately and it is finally finished!

Purpose: To welcome friends and family.  I want the entry hall to be a place that guests can pile high with shoes, coats, bags, and whatever they bring into the house.  I love the size of our entry hall.  It's practically a room.  We've already spent hours in there just saying long goodbyes to friends and family. I want our entry hall to be a place where people don't feel rushed out of but feel like they can hang out for just a few more minutes.







Furniture: The entry hall only has one piece of furnite and it is the console table.  I knew I wanted a table for people to put things on so I put in an order with my dad and he whipped this one up.  It is made from cherry wood so it is beautiful.

Decorations: The main decoration in this room is the large area rug.  It's a big space and I knew we needed a big rug to fill the space.  I found this great rug online at Home Decorators Outlet.  It was kind of scary buying a rug without seeing it but I was really pleased.

I also hung a cool Audubon picture of birds, a mirror, a crochet piece with our last name that my Grandma made, and a quotation that we love printed on canvas.  I had my sister design and print the quotation.  Thanks to my friend Tasha for introducing me to this quotation for the first time.

Future Plans: This might be the only room in the house that doesn't have any future plans.  Well I have a dream of getting all hardwood floors someday but I don't know if that can be considered a future plan for this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment