About 2 nights ago Matt and I were having our monthly budget meeting. We were discussing some of the categories we've gone over on (groceries, kid's clothes) and how we need to make sure we aren't over our yearly budget at the end of the year despite going over this month. We were also discussing categories that have been great. Namely car repairs.
We haven't had to fix anything for quite some time which has been nice. Our Escape is a 2009 so it's still under warranty for a few months but the Grand Am is a 2002 so it does need repairs here and there. So we aren't planning on doing anything with the budget surplus because we figured we'd need it someday. And that someday came yesterday.
For some reason the automatic windows in the car haven't been working off and on and we didn't think it was worth the money to fix them. It's a little weird at drive throughs but it's not that big of a deal. Well Thursday the window stopped working in the down mode. Long story short the window ended up inside the door so we had to get it fixed. $500+ later we have one working automatic window. The passenger side will remain unfixed and never tested so it doesn't get stuck in down mode.
Then Friday night my friend Sonya came to visit. I needed to run to the grocery store so she came with me. We hoped in the Escape and started to back out. I was being extra careful not to hit the Grand Am when BANG. It felt like I hit something. Quick check and it wasn't the Grand Am. O NO! I realized I backed right into Sonya's car. My car is fine but hers will need repairs. I put a pretty good dent in the hood. So we'll see what it costs and then decide whether or not to have insurance cover it.
Either way. We're not under budget in the car repairs category anymore. Boo.
The windows is a General Motors thing. I had a Cavalier before moving to IL & the same thing happened to it. A friend of mine with a Cavalier had it happen to her too. Sorry about your car troubles.
ReplyDelete