![]() |
| Sitting in high chair and loving it. |
![]() |
| Smiling in the baby sitting corner of Teresa's couch. |
![]() |
| I was able to catch Caleb asleep. So cute. |
Sleeping: Caleb's still doing well sleeping. We're enjoying long nights and long naps. In the last couple of weeks he's started to transition from 3 naps to 2 naps. A couple of times he's refused to sleep for his 3rd nap or I've just forgotten to put him down and he's done great. Those days do call for an early bedtime of 6:30. Some days he still needs that 3rd nap though. I can usually tell based on his temperament or length of the afternoon nap. I would assume by the end of this month he'll have dropped the nap completely and be down to 2 naps at around 9 and 1. It will be nice when I can count on only 2 naps because then we can go out and do things when both kids are up around 3:30.
Eating: Caleb's still nursing great. I've been really lazy about giving him a bottle so we've had some trouble getting him to take one. I finally realized it was because the milk was too cold. I just need to make sure I give it time to warm up before attempting to give him a bottle. I'm also going to try to give him a bottle at least once a week.
We've also started solid foods with Caleb. After much debate and reading tons we decided to skip purees and go straight to table foods. It makes sense for us and Caleb is having a blast with it. If you want to know more about this method it's called Baby Led Weaning or Baby Led Solids. I'm going to do a post on this way of introducing solids in the future but for now I'll say I love it and it's working well for us. Caleb has eaten bananas, pasta, avocado, sweet potatoes, and whole wheat toast.
Milestones: This month Caleb has gotten good at crawling. He crawled for the first time on September 30th and then continued to alternate between the army crawl and traditional crawl. Just over the last week we've seen him starting to prefer the traditional crawl. He is realizing he has more access to things and can "climb" over people and pillows if he crawls this way. We definitely have a little explorer on our hands and have started baby proofing. This house has a lot of outlets!
Likes: Another thing I wanted to mention are a few things Caleb really likes or likes to do. The first thing is hilarious to me. He loves getting his shirt changed. He laughs so hard just anticipating a shirt going over his head. He also loves playing peek-a-boo, being around Grace, chewing on books, swinging at the park, going for walks, and being held.
Dislikes: Caleb does not like it at all when he is left alone in a room. He will crawl fussing towards any person in another room. There's really not much else he doesn't like. It's just the attention he wants.
Teeth: At the very end of last month Caleb got his first tooth and immediately after that he got his second tooth (at the beginning of this month). The second tooth was his bottom left tooth. I think he's about to cut one of his top teeth but time will tell. He's been biting when eating so I hope that is due to a tooth coming in.



No comments:
Post a Comment