Purpose: A place to keep toys:) That's what it feels like somedays but actually this room has a little more purpose than that. This room is great for playing, hosting little friends, hiding the mess that toddlers make, and having a separate place to hang out from the family room. We don't have a basement in our house but this serves the same purpose as a basement.
Furniture: We have a couch and a cheap chair that one of us probably had in college for adults to sit on. There is also lots of little kid furniture! We bought a bookshelf for all of Grace's books and got a TV and TV stand as hand-me down's.
Decorations: Right now the only decoration is the random poster on the wall. I guess you could call the organizational unit on one wall decoration if you're into organizing.
Future Plans: This room is very very functional but I do have some dreams for this room. Someday we might buy and Internet TV for the family room so we could move the TV from downstairs up to the room. An extra chair or two for adults would be nice too. I'd also love to put some educational type posters on the wall that are also interesting to look at and not tacky. I think this is a room that will evolve as the age of our family evolves but for now a playroom is the perfect name for it.
I did make sure to include at least one messy picture so you can see the state it is in most of the time! Although, I do try to make Grace help clean up at least once a day.
I just have to say that Matt looks ridiculous in that picture.
ReplyDelete