Sunday, October 21, 2007

Q-life Retreat

Erin was inspired by the view of the lake.

The boys invented some kind of weird ping-pong/picnic table game. Scott and Darby made a great team.

Jane, Erin, and Maggie are keeping warm during campfire time. The camp fire wasn't burning yet.


Matt and I spent 24 hours this weekend with about 20 people involved in Quest's small group ministry, Q-life, at East Bay Camp in Bloomington. We had a ton of fun bonding, hanging out, listening to some really good teaching and eating good food.

Matt's brother, Jared, came and taught all three of the sessions. While they all were really good, I was extremely challenged and inspired by his teaching on Ezekiel 34. He shared with us 3 warnings for leaders in community and 3 missions for leaders in community that he got from the passage. The 3 warnings can be gleaned from vs. 1-10 and they are against self-centered leading, ignoring people in the margins, and leaving sheep to wander. The 3 missions are gleaned from vs. 11-16 and they are the missions of rescuing/inviting, providing pasture and a place conducive to growth, and restoration. Now, I hope that I can start applying some of these principles in my own life and ministry.

P.S. Check out the link to our webshots page if you want to see more pictures from the retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment