First of all, I'm thankful to God that I am employed and I'm excited to continue my lifelong pursuit of being a nerd for the glory of God.
Secondly, there are certain "perks" that come with this new job that I'm slowly acclimating to....
- Free vending machines -- including soda, snacks, candy, even cereal
- 24" widescreen monitors
- Free fruit on Tuesdays
- Free Fantasy Football stat tracker
- Linux desktop machine + Mac/Windows laptop (that's two computers for one person!)
- Free beer on Friday afternoons
Side story: This morning, the FedEx guy came to our house to drop off a package. Upon seeing the George Washington bust on our front porch (which we proudly display), the FedEx guy proclaimed his adoration for our nation's first president (he's currently reading 1776). The bust of George Washington will remain on the porch of my home forever. I hope Anne doesn't mind.
I love America.
So where does the "work" come into the picture??? :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I'm so happy that my George Washington gift is bringing you such joy! I knew that Anne would like it, but I didn't know it would make you happy too Matt. You just made my day!
ReplyDelete