Wednesday, October 24, 2007

DRACULA

I finished reading the book Dracula written over 100 years ago by Bram Stoker about a week ago and have been meaning to blog about it ever since I read it. I would say it was one of the best books I've read in a while. My friends Jerusha loves the book and inspired me to read it about a year ago but I never got around to it until now. It was actually a very fast read and I had a hard time putting it down at some points. I would not recommend reading it before bed though. Although I didn't have any nightmares, I had weird Draculaish dreams because of the book. Finally, the story is actually meant to be a Christian allegory and I enjoyed reading it with that in mind. Of course Dracula is supposed to represent the devil but you can read it for yourself and figure out the rest.

I also came across a few websites that might interest you regarding Dracula. Some Dracula fans are really bizarre. Yikes!!

Wikipedia Site

Dracula's Homepage

Dracula's Castle

Browse at your own risk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment