Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Paint, Beds and Kid's Rooms in Progress

It has been a long time since I lived in a house with more than a neutral color on the walls and that is probably due to my complete state of paralyzation when I think about painting.  Stop judging, I know you're all thinking painting is easy but I just don't want to do it.  So, we recently had our good friend Mark come and paint the kids rooms for us.  He has his own painting business and did a great job!  Too bad he's moving to South Africa so he won't be able to paint for us again:(

Anyway, in an effort to get one of our rooms ready for a foster/adopt child in the future we decided to buy a set of bunk beds that can be split or set up together.  This gives us lots of options for the future too as far as room sharing could go.  We also wanted to buy a bed for Grace and paint the walls.

The other thing we did was move around dressers so every room has a dresser in it and one thing that happened is I refinished Matt's childhood dresser.  That kind of painting doesn't scare me:)

Caleb's room with the top bunk ready for him whenever he's ready to transition out of the crib.
I'm planning on decorating with red, yellow and green as the accent colors (think traffic lights)

The dresser I redid.  Find before picture here.

Grace's awesome pink and purple room!

The 3rd bedroom for an unknown child.  I'll probably decorate with
all of the animal stuff that was hanging in Caleb's room.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! Where'd you put all your sewing stuff?

    ReplyDelete