I just did something I thought I would NEVER do. So, never say never! I bought dual DVD players for the car for the kids. I'll start by explaining I am in no way against children watching TV in the car (or TV in general). But usually the longest we travel is less than 2.5 hours to Matt's parents' and the kids generally do fine with little to no entertainment. If we have traveled further distances we have borrowed a DVD player from a friend and that has worked great.
But alas, Caleb is now forward facing and likes to watch TV. If only for those things I still would have seen no reason to buy dual DVD players. But very soon we will be embarking on a road trip to Texas to visit family. This will consist of almost 30 hours in the car (not counting stops!) and possibly many hours of fussy kids.
Flying was on the table as an option. But ultimately driving won out for various reason. But the cost equation is as follows...
Gas + oil change + 2 nights at a hotel + dual DVD + headphones <<<<<<* 4 plane tickets + a rental car + millions of dollars worth of luggage charges due to the copious amounts of stuff kids need with them at all times
*that is the less than sign and I put many to show WAY WAY less than
The kids are trying out the system and ready to go...


They look so cute with their headphones on! Can't wait for y'all to visit!
ReplyDelete