Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grace's Art

I mentioned in a recent post that Grace has really enjoyed drawing and art lately.  She asks to do it everyday and loves when Caleb goes down for a nap because then we get out the markers or paint.  Many people have asked if I am keeping her artwork and for right now my answer is no.  We'd have piles of paper if I did.  I do have one folder for some special projects but it rarely gets added to.  I also am thinking about creating a space to display her new art (and Caleb's) on a rotational basis in our office/sewing/piano/school room.

She currently loves drawing sunshine, rainbows, her friends, characters from books, mermaids and her toys.  I never guide her on what to draw but sometimes when I draw something she tries to copy me.  Most of the time she just decides on her own what she's going to draw.  She recently learned the order of the rainbow because I drew one for her and now loves drawing them.  Today she told me the rainbow is apple, carrot, banana, pear, blueberry, plum.

I have been trying to take pictures of her particularly inspiring pieces before they hit the recycling bin just so I can see her artwork progress.  So, here are some recent Grace creations...









No comments:

Post a Comment