Tuesday, April 2, 2013

1st Quarter Book List

I have mentioned before that I want to get better about recording what I'm reading on the blog.  Since I am no good at and don't really like doing book reviews I'm simplifying to a list.  My goal this year is to average about 4 books a month.  I love reading but I also love sewing, cooking, playing the piano, surfing the Internet, sleeping, sometimes exercising, and many other activities during the few hours a day when the kids are asleep and I'm awake.  So it's hard to prioritize reading and I really want to do that more.  Anyway below is my list of books that I read since the beginning of the year (right on track with my goal).

I have rated my books on an astrick system that is as follows...
* - Not great and don't read it unless you're bored or it looks really really interesting to you personally and even then you might want to think twice.
** - Pretty good and if it looks interesting to you I would recommend it.  I don't think it would be a waste of time.  I generally enjoyed these books.
*** - Great book!  Definitely read it (if it looks interesting) and you will like it.
F is for fiction and NF is for non-fiction.
The purple one is my favorite and I'm actually not quite done with it (50 pages left).  I'm reading it slowly because there is so much to process and digest.

  1. The Art Forger by B.A. Shapiro - (F)**

  2. The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis - (F)*

  3. The Practice of Godliness by Jerry Bridges - (NF)***

  4. Cleaning House: A Mom’s Twelve-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement by Kay Wills Wyma - (NF)**

  5. A Year of Biblical Womanhood: How a Liberated Woman Found Herself Sitting on Her Roof, Covering Her Head, and Calling Her Husband “Master” by Rachel Held Evans - (NF)*

  6. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford - (F)***

  7. Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure - (NF)*

  8. Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin - (F)*

  9. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan - (F)**

  10. The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom - (F)***

  11. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - (F)**
  12. The Hole in Our Gospel: What Does God Expect of Us? The Answer That Changed My Life and Might Just Change the World by Richard Stearns - (NF)***



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the hole in our Gospel.. That book changed our lives!!! I think at one point we had 5-6 copies to give out to people. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete