Friday, February 11, 2011

House Tour - Grace's Room

One of my goals on this blog is to give a tour of our new house room by room. This may take a while but I'm hoping to get around to it. I feel very settled in but I also feel like there is more work to do in every room. So instead of waiting until each room is perfect I will wait until each one is sufficient. And then maybe down the road I'll give updates. We'll see:)

The first stop is Grace's room.

Purpose: A place for Grace to sleep and play in.

Furniture: Right now Grace's room has a twin bed, dresser, crib and shelving unit. The bed and dresser were Matt's growing up so that is kind of cool. We are planning on keeping her in the crib for a couple months after the baby is born and just putting him in a bassinet. I don't feel ready to put Grace in a big bet just yet. We did decide to put the bed in her room so she would get used to it in there and hopefully won't be traumitized when we steal the crib for her little brother.

Decorations: Most of the decorations in Grace's room are new to her because we are using her old decor in the nursery. The main thing I wanted to do was make the room a little more girly. So now she has pink sheets and some more feminine colors and decor. I bought a picture of a girl reading that I am in love with as the main piece for the room. I also bought some little golden books off of ebay and framed some pages for a little more cute and color. The shelf hanging on the wall was in her nursery at the old house.

Future Plans: My mom is making a beautiful quilt for the bed and I am planning on making curtains to match. The main colors in the quilt and curtains will be pink and purple. But if you know me I can't stick to just 2 colors so there will be many accent colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment