Another room that we love at our new house is the office which is located in one of the bedrooms. And it is the 2nd stop on our tour.
Purpose: A place for the computer, our books, my sewing machine and where Matt can close the door if he needs to work from home. Also the closet can hold games, office supplies and other random things that need a place.
Furniture: We have 2 desks that reside in the office and 2 bookshelves flanking the windows. We also bought a chair and ottoman from Ikea so we'd have a place to sit if we didn't want to sit at a desk.
Decorations: So far the only decoration in the room is a black and white picture from our wedding of the wedding party.
Future Plans: After Caleb is born I want to get a black and white family photo (taken by my sister of course) to hang above the other bookshelf. My sister also has a great black and white photo of an old sewing machine and is planning on taking one of a cool old typewriter. When that happens I can frame those pictures and hang them on the wall above the sewing machine. I'm also thinking about curtains. I don't know if I want some interesting black and white fabric or to add some fun color?
No comments:
Post a Comment