Monday, February 7, 2011

Grace's Kitchen



This weekend my parents came to visit and brought a little kitchen for Grace. I have so many memories playing with my sister and my kitchen growing up that I really wanted Grace to have a kitchen of her own. I was planning on buying her one after we moved and was surprised when my parents said they were going to bring our old play kitchen for Grace.

Because the kitchen was a toy that was not my kitchen or my sister's kitchen but our kitchen I always figured the kitchen would stay at my parents' house because we would never be able to decided who got it. I'm not sure how it happened but my sister agreed to let us have the kitchen. I think she has requested when she has kids though that my dad build a kitchen for her. So I guess knowing that she'll get one is what convinced her to give it up.

The other special thing about the kitchen is that my Grandpa built it for us so now Grace gets to play with a kitchen that her Great Grandpa built. She also got our old dishes and food so she loves playing with it. She walks around "scooping" food and saying, "have some mama." What a great toy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun! I'm glad she's using it like a kitchen instead of a parade float like some other kids I know. :)

    ReplyDelete