I took advantage of some very cold days and did couple of fun snow/ice activities with the kids that didn't involve going outside at all. My mom had sent me a blog post with several activities on it so I stole them and nothing was an original thought of my own!
First I taught the kids about icebergs by showing them pictures online and explaining what they were. Caleb was absolutely fascinated by the pictures and kept exclaiming "WOOAAA!" Grace was pretty interested and liked looking at them. I find that anytime I show them anything on the computer they are quite fascinated though.
Then we made our own icebergs. We filled cheapo plastic containers with water and little toys for fun (thankfully no one asked if there are animals frozen in real icebergs) and set them outside to freeze throughout the day and overnight. Grace asked tons of questions about freezing and seemed to be working on that slightly confusing concept in her brain. It was cute. The next morning (today) I brought the icebergs inside and we dumped them in the bathtub and played with them. Despite the fact that the icebergs made the bath water very cold the kids loved splashing around in it. I didn't let them get in but they put their hand and arms in.
The other thing we did was make paper snowmen. The cool part that I stole from the blog post I saw was once the kids were done decorating them we covered them in glue sprinkled them with salt to give a snowy glow to the men. The kids thought that was pretty fun.
 |
| While I was filling the tub to put the icebergs in Grace just kept licking the iceburgs:) |
 |
| WOOOAA Icebergs |
 |
| Checking out the icebergs |
 |
| Snowmen |
No comments:
Post a Comment